Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Earth Day!

Climate Change, 2012 42"x48"

This was made with Ugly Fabric (fabric really not suitable for, well, anything) and most of the paint was leftover wall paint. It symbolizes my frustration with "deniers". Please consider celebrating Earth Day by eating plant based meals whenever you can. It's the easiest way a single person can make a big impact. And now I will get off my soap box.

Our guild, Northern Lights Quilt Guild, held their biannual quilt show last weekend. We have such a talented group. The majority of them are traditional quilters, and wicked talented ones at that. Joanne Shapp was the featured quilter here, too. She also displayed her other work, ones not in the Crop Circle series. The contrast in styles was amazing - either wild, crazy and super colorful or very controlled, meticulously piece and monochromatic. However, they were all very much Joanne Shapp Quilts!


I'm sure more, and much better quality photos will be posted on our guild website, so please check there to see the work of our talented ladies. I'm just going to share one more because it was geeky! My husband amused himself by translating the binary and he's pretty sure it says "Invictus, I play the game". 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know that you stopped by my blog, please leave a note!