I finished another quilt! I wanted wide borders to have plenty of room to play with the quilting. (It's a twin size quilt photographed on a king size bed, so the borders hang on the sides of the bed). It's quilted on a long arm without any digitized quilting patterns
A lesson learned: I was mostly picking the quilt patterns as i went. It's kind of a quilt pattern sampler.
This part of the block came out ok, but could have benefited from a little more planning. There is a light diamond that is near the outside point (light green in the photo below) in each block. The dark thread that blends pretty well with the rest of the purples an blues stands out on that light one. Instead of having just the points where all the other bits of the quilting pattern meet, it would probably have looked better with a loop or something that would look more intentional. Next time. I am quite happy with it overall, especially since it was never intended to be shown or judged. My goal is to be able to control the longarm to make it do what I want. We're getting there!
I have nine more stars pieced, guess I should get back to work!