Friday, May 10, 2013

easel living

Yay! I have something on my windmill easel ready to paint! When I first got the easel, I had some ideas about how to make it work with quilted pieces, but they didn't work out so well. This piece is stretched on stretcher bars, so I am actually using the easel pretty much how it was designed to be used(!). 

The easel can spin and the canvas can lay flat, I can't wait to actually paint on it.


We picked up two sewing machines that we had brought to Michael Jarvis in Newport to have spruced up. This one was Steve's Great-Grandfather's, who was a tailor. It was rusted pretty badly, but Michael made it look beautiful and it purrs like a kitten. and it sews.


This one was my mom's, it was in better shape going in, but now it shines and sews beautifully! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know that you stopped by my blog, please leave a note!