Friday, May 17, 2013

Spinning Hay Into Yarn

These are closeups of the quilt that got put in the easel last week. I love the colors, and, so far, the different parts are coming out mostly the way I had envisioned. Maybe not as subtle or nuanced as what was in my head, but I am not a subtle person, so that is always a stretch anyways! I'm going to wait to show you the whole quilt till it's done. 



I turned my hay bales into yarn balls. Just temporarily ( I hope!), though, it's a thick medium that I'm using because of the lines that showed through the paint. I cut out the centers and frosted them with this stuff. When it's dry, I'll sand it and give it a light coat of white acrylic paint. Of course, seeing yarn balls appear on my quilt made me want to make a quilt with balls of yarn in it on purpose.


1 comment:

  1. More hay bales -- yay! Love the colors and the quilting. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know that you stopped by my blog, please leave a note!