Sunday, December 8, 2013

It's December?!!

 yeah, um, that was more than a week, wasn't it?

I have been working on some Quilty stuff - playing with paint and color (the green wrinkly stuff is tape). This one is coming along slowly, but it's getting there.

I'm also working on a traditional quilt, well 4 of them actually, for use on beds (imagine that). It's not like riding a bicycle - there's lots of stuff I've forgotten - so those are also going slowly and not always in the forward direction.  

After Thanksgiving, I brought my daughter back to school and on the way home I stopped at two Art Quilt exhibits. One in Clifton Springs, NY at Main Street Arts which was lovely - lots of bright colors and sparkly bits... I would feel very much at home with that group! And I also stopped at the Schweinfurth Art Center for the Quilts=Art=Quilts exhibit. Gorgeous. Plus, there were quilts by people I had taken classes with: Carol Trice and Maria Shell; one i had taken classes from: Wen Redmond and a friend who dyes gorgeous fabric, Mary Ann Gallaher, her fabric was used in one of the pieces! Sadly, no pictures were allowed, but there are photos on each website. Go if you can!!!


My husband, son and I went to London for the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who convention! 
 We met up with Alex and Kevan and were lucky enough to have dinner with them even! (If you find yourself in need of Who memorabilia, THIS is the place to find it)
I so want to make a copy of Idris's dress - I took a lot of close up pictures. One of the costume designers was nice enough to turn it around for me so i could get a good look at the back. All of the Who people were super nice and generous with their time and talent. They seemed to love showing off their work to the audience and being appreciated and adored for their work!
 We sat in on a panel with 5 of the original Doctors, !!!TOM BAKER!!!, Peter Davison, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy. It was fun to listen to them reminisce. 

1 comment:

  1. So handsome those men... your hand-knitted scarves are perfect! Are you really going to go all Idris on us? That would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know that you stopped by my blog, please leave a note!