Sunday, December 15, 2013

You Can Blow Out A Candle, But You Cannot Blow Out A Fire

Is the title of of the latest piece, which is coming along. It's finally moving ahead because I decided to try to sneak in a small piece to finish and mail out before christmas. So, of course, this piece that I had been working on over the last many many months starts YELLING at me to work on it, ONLY it. Silly, eh? Even sillier is that I feel grateful that it's finally talking to me. Do I show you a picture? It is far from finished, definitely in an awkward stage. ok, here's a bad snapshot from the webcam:

It did give me a chance to realize that the small piece is not the right piece for the person it was intended for, so there's that.

Yesterday I had a lovely day with my WOW group of women. We mostly chit chat and do our own little show and tell - I spent most of the day cutting papers for a Judy Neiemeyer quilt - not really artsy. But they helped me with fabric choices and how to deal with one fabric that stood out from the rest. It's a safe place to bounce ideas off of each other and show off works-in-progress. I am ever so grateful to be part of this group!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know that you stopped by my blog, please leave a note!