Friday, May 9, 2014

I RODE THE ELEVATOR WITH YVONNE PORCELLA!

Yvonne is truly one of the quilting world's rock stars and one of the founders of SAQA. Here she is at the SAQA national conference talking about one of the quilts she was working on as SAQA was being formed. She has a great sense of humor and often had the entire room laughing.

The whole weekend of the conference was filled with informative workshops, lectures and even a field trip. The two break-out workshops that I took were photographing your quilts and being your own art coach each of which I will talk in more detail in other posts.

We also got a sneak peak at the new line of fabrics that SAQA has been working on. I can't show you any pictures yet, but they are fabulous! Very unique prints and colorways that I can see being used in everything from traditional to modern to art quilts. Guess I had better make some room in my fabric stash for when they are available to purchase. I'll keep you posted!

Next year the conference is in Portland, Oregon. If you're in SAQA, you should go. If you're not in SAQA, you should join and then go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know that you stopped by my blog, please leave a note!