Saturday, June 28, 2014

Sealed For Your Protection

I ordered some Golden High Flow* acrylics. The High Flow paints come in a small squirt bottle, which if you don't realize they are Sealed For Your Protection, but you twist open the cap and give it a good squeeze anyways, become unsealed. and does not protect you - it comes out the sides all over your hands, not through the tip where you are expecting it to come out. They are,  however, true to their name and flow beautifully.

  The High Flow paints were used to fill some empty markers that also came in the shipment. I picked out a few different sizes and shapes to play with. My favorite is the 3mm chisel, it feels like a pen. The crusher is a very soft moppy brush, I think that one will come in handy. They use a pumping action to get the paint from the barrel to the tip, which means there is a middle part which controls the flow. You really shouldn't forget that part and then try to paint with it. It will not be Sealed For Your Protection. Yes, my hands are all sorts of pretty colors.


Golden has some pre-filled markers that were on back order, so I am anxiously awaiting those!

The SAQA regional reps had a day of training before the rest of the conference, and as an activity to help us get to know each other's names, we exchanged fat quarters. Of course all of the fabric was beautiful, many of them were hand dyed or painted.  I was incredibly lucky enough to get this amazing piece that was snow dyed by Beth Schillig. YUM!





*well, that was dangerous. I went to the Golden website to include the link and got lost there for a while. They have this virtual color mixer which I could play with for hours. Some of the paint combinations from the color picture (under "image") are surprising.



 

1 comment:

  1. ooooh... paint markers! I was just checking out the empty Montana Markers through Dick Blick. Are these Golden "brand-name" markers? I gotta know... I feel an order comin' on.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know that you stopped by my blog, please leave a note!