Thursday, February 28, 2013

Empty Cone!!

I emptied an entire spool of So Fine thread. All on bobbins. That's 1000 meters. I still have a bobbin and a half left, but I've used at least one other bobbin, so it evens out. I've bought a lot of cones thinking  I'd be using them for the rest of my life! This one only lasted a couple of months.



I finished quilting the floral quilt. If I ever need to quilt a lot of straight lines, it will be with my domestic. yikes! Not too many of the lines in this are actually straight, but it was good practice. Of course I got bored with straight lines and so I snuck in something a little different, too... all will be revealed when it's painted.

I can now follow lines pretty well with the longarm. The free hand arcs are a little wonky and apparently you have to really know where you're headed before you get going (second arc up on the left). oops. 

and we got some more snow! This was the view out my front door yesterday afternoon. We got in a little snowshoeing and cross country skiing this week, and I ambushed Steve with snowballs when he got home last night. heh. heh. heh.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know that you stopped by my blog, please leave a note!