Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I suck less

I've been practicing my machine quilting, and I am showing some improvement! My first tries were just too embarrassing so I don't have pictures, but here are some feathery things that look decent. These are pre-printed panels by RGA Design. This is panel number 2. I'm really glad I had these. While they aren't designed specifically for a long-arm, most of it works and has been super helpful. 





Next to the practice piece I have a piece I am quilting a whole cloth that will be painted later. I am trying for straight lines. Pulling the machine straight back and forth isn't too bad, but diagonals are really hard to keep straight. There will be no question that this piece was hand guided, not computer guided!




Here is a view from the back. The simple grid will lend itself to a more abstract painting instead of the (slightly) more realistic images of the last two pieces.


 And to close: food. I made this for dinner tonight. They had me at Siracha mayo, but all of the other toppings we put on were yummy, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know that you stopped by my blog, please leave a note!