Friday, February 8, 2013

Snow!



It's snowing here, yet another Storm Of The Century. We are getting anywhere from 8 to 24 inches and wicked strong winds. I could do without the wind, but it'll be nice having snow on the ground.

The kids are home this week. well sort of. Adam was home last Saturday through Wednesday and Sarah is home (with a friend) Wednesday through this Sunday. I love being able to be mommy again, even just for a few days.

I am still working on Artem #2. I've added the green for the leaves. It seems as it's going to be a while before it's actually finished... I want it to look like an illustrated manuscript, with a decent amount of detailing on it. Maybe I should put it in the guild quilt show, then it would have to be finished!


More fabric and batting are being loaded on "Sweetie". These will be much smaller (!) and more abstract then Artem #2.



I am auditioning "ugly" fabrics to use as backgrounds. Some are high contrast, some have very bright colors and there are a few low contrast all mixed in so I can see how different prints show through the paint.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know that you stopped by my blog, please leave a note!